Features & Benefits
Yahoo! Web Analytics is a highly customizable, enterprise-level website
analytics system designed to help website businesses increase sales and
visitor satisfaction, reduce marketing costs and gain new insight on
online customers. By storing data in raw, non-aggregated form, Yahoo!
Web Analytics is more than simply a reporting tool. It is a powerful,
and highly flexible, data analysis tool. Both near real-time and
historical data can be segmented instantly and visualized with
advanced graphs to help marketers and site designers answer specific
business questions and find new insights to improve their business.
Executive Analytics Dashboards
View key performance metrics within customizable executive dashboards.
- Customize your dashboard with the KPIs, time periods, benchmarks,
goals and charts that you want to track to monitor your web business.
Easily create or edit your dashboard widgets and simply drag them where
you want them.
- Each widget represents an underlying custom report. Just click most widgets to drill down into the report for more detail.
- Each user can create multiple personalized dashboards per website; each dashboard can be used for different needs.
- To setup a new dashboard quickly, simply copy any existing dashboard and edit it to meet your new needs.
Click to view enlarged image.
Raw and Real Time Data Collection
Near real-time data collection allows you to see data in reporting within moments of the actual website visit.
- View visit information—on each individual visit if you
choose—within minutes of it occurring on your site, for a near
real-time view of your website and the impact of new website content,
marketing campaigns, or news and events.
- See individual click paths, time spent, actions taken, and other information about particular visits.
- Track up to 50 different online actions; any link or page load can be tracked as a key part of your conversion funnel.
Visitor Demographics Reports
Better understand who your customers are and how to better align your marketing with your desired audience.
- The Demographic reports and dashboard provide an aggregated
snapshot of the age groups, gender, and age-gender cross-tabulations of
customers from each of your traffic channels. These dashboards help you
picture your visitors as people rather than just a series of clicks.
- Age and gender can also be used as dimensions for filtering and
segmenting data. For instance, it may be interesting to see what age
and gender your campaigns are reaching, how audiences differ from
channel to channel, and who your audience is for each of your products.
- Demographic information can be used to create more targeted campaigns, or to find high performing audiences in new channels.
Visitor Behavioral Reports
Learn the interest categories and top Yahoo! properties visited by your customers.
- Visitor Interests reports reveal the interest categories of your customers, based upon the types of websites they visit.
- Reports are also available providing the top Yahoo! properties visited by your customers.
- Like demographics, Interest Category and Yahoo! Property characteristics can also be used as segmentation dimensions.
- Behavioral segments can be purchased from Yahoo! or other networks.
Custom Reports and Custom Fields
Customize your data collection with Custom Fields. Customize your reports with the Custom Report Wizard.
- Track up to 38 custom fields, to capture visit data that
out-of-the-box page tags do not capture. For example, a travel website
might use custom fields to capture the travel destination or ticket
type of the purchase. Custom fields can now be setup right in the user
- Create new custom reports or edit existing reports with the metrics
you need organized the way you like it, using the drag and drop Custom
- Most reports allow you to quickly compare the time period you are viewing to another time period side-by-side.
Advanced Data Visualization with Notes
View reporting data with new visualization options. Add notes to the chart and export annotated charts as PDF files.
- For many reports there are now advanced graphing options which
allow you to add multiple metrics to a chart and select from different
visual options to create advanced graphs that tell a more robust story.
- Many analysts with multiple stakeholders can save hours of
reporting time by simply adding notes directly to a chart and exporting
or emailing the annotated report as a formatted PDF file.
Advanced PPC Campaign Management
Track your PPC, Display, Email and other campaigns all in one place.
- Track the type of campaign (PPC, Display, Email, SEO, etc) and
keyword used for each of your website visitors and see what actions,
revenue and product purchases resulted from each visit.
- Import PPC campaign information from Yahoo! Search Marketing and
other search engines and integrate it with the actions and revenue to
help you evaluate the ROI of campaigns, keywords, products, etc. in
order to optimize keyword bids, product merchandising and budgeting.
Identify purchase patterns to help promote profitable products.
- The Merchandise Summary tracks the products - and product
combinations – that are converting best for you. This report can be
easily scheduled for email delivery.
- Upload and integrate offline product information, such as SKUs,
product names, product categories, and costs, via API calls, to provide
new dimensions for analysis and enable truer ROI measurement.
Visitor Click Path Analysis
Analyze visitor click paths to track popular paths and identify common drop-off points.
- Track visitor clickpaths through multi-step conversion processes
and troubleshoot popular paths to increase task completions. Drill down
on branches of the tree structure to follow all the paths from or to
- The Path Analysis report can be exported as a diagram to PDF or as data to Excel.
- The Paths to Conversion report gives you a list of all the paths that led to any of the 50 actions you can track on your site.
Pre-Configured Conversion Funnels and Ad Hoc Scenarios
In addition to viewing pre-defined conversion funnels, create new sales funnels on-the-fly and apply them to historical data.
- Track up to 15 steps in your pre-defined conversion funnels, or use
“ad hoc” click path scenarios to view new funnels on-the-fly. Easily
set up an ad hoc funnel using the page name, URL or Action, and apply
that funnel to any time period in the past to immediately see major
visitor drop-off points.
- You can track up to 50 different on-site Actions.
Make site monitoring and report management easier and less time-consuming.
- Set email alerts to notify someone when a specific metric meets a condition worthy of notice.
- Schedule standard and custom reports to be regularly delivered by email. Include your logo on reports if you wish.
- Monitor events that affect your website, such as site changes or holidays, by noting them in the system and on reports.
- There are 4 different levels of user access: for each user you can
specify which projects, dashboards and reports they can access.
Copy and paste our tracking code into your web pages and tracking begins almost immediately.
- Simply paste the tracking code into each of your web pages and data begins to show in reporting almost immediately.
- Track any type of page element, including Ajax, Flash and Video.